Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sticky Note Easel Card Tutorial

Welcome to my tutorial!  This is very picture heavy but I think that's best when it comes to a tutorial because a picture is worth a thousand words?  Right?  I hope?  LOL!

So I've seen these made but I never could find instructions.  I know one of them was a class being taught in real life but I think it was half way across the world.  Dang!


The trickiest part on this card is the binder piece and the hardest to explain so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to comment.  Also, it may make a lot more sense when you're actually making it instead of just reading it.  It also helps if you've already made an easel card but for reference if you'd like to see one check on Splitcoast.

I wanted this easel card thick enough that when I sent it, I could lay the top piece down and not squish anything in between.




So we start out with these pieces:  


Then I scored 2 out of 3 pieces.  The 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" is your canvas.  hee hee  Where you'll build your beautiful card!


Now add any layering that you want to each piece as shown...sorry got ahead with the box but see the next picture for instructions.  The 3 center panels will be adhered together like an accordion...if that makes sense. 


Now cut each corner and punch hole using any punch in your collection.  I used a 1".


Now we want to assemble the base:


It doesn't matter if you adhere the front or the back first. 


This is how the front should look once adhered all together.  So in order to use only a 12" x 12" sheet and make it work, I had to take a bit off the piece that will be used to glue your 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card to but I promise it works.


And when you flip it over this is the back.


Ok so I'm not sure how to describe adhering your 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece onto the base but when you do, the best thing is to lay it down BEFORE gluing so you can see where it should lie.


When you finish, you will be short a few inches...dang sorry I didn't get that measurement.  But when you close the card, it should all lie perfectly square.  I hope as you build this, it makes more sense also refer back to the picture at the top where it's folded up.


If you have any suggestions of anything I can add to make it easier please let me know.  I do have the pictures from the card but not the card anymore.  LOL!  I'll do what I can.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and if you use my tutorial I would LOVE to see yours.  Just leave a comment with your link.  That would be great.  Hope it's useful!

10 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! You are going to make sweet Louise cry!!! <3

Great job on the instructions dear...
big hugs............

Tanya S said...

OMG girl..you can say see ya later to me ANYTIME LOL .Gorgeous ! I gotta try this !

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Louise is going to love you massively for this gorgeous creation you have put together so beautifully. I love it & I am going to give a go for sure, so thank you for the tutorial. Fantastic. Hugs, Lisa.

Dreamtime Designs – Blog candy
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My designs @ Etsy
My Facebook Venture
My Tweets @Twitter
My Pins @ Pinterest

CraftinGranny said...

This is the first item on my project list as soon as I can start playing again. Great tutorial my friend and a gorgeous design. So glad to see your wonderful coloring. "Hugs"

Chantal said...

Wowwwww you have blown me away with this great card and tutorial! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Such a stunning project!! I love your design and it looks like something I'd like to give a go! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Eva Marie said...

this is so gorgeous and inspiring, so I have made one myselves
I'll be happy if you came and took a look at it :)
http://evamariesunivers.blogspot.no/2013/09/dt-marvelous-magnolia-floral-frenchy.html
Hugs xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I LOVE IT!!

I just printed it out so I could give it a try one day lol!

Thankd for sharing and again it's ADORABLE!!!

XXOO
Rube

Anonymous said...

OMG HOW FRIGGIN CRAFTY ARE YOU?! it'S SO pretty and would be so nice sitting on my counter...LMAO. I love the colors and DUDE, BANG up job on the coloring holi smokes!
SSOA x 2!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial, I'll need to try this out sometime! Hugz, Sandy